Friday, March 18, 2011

Webroot flags and "antenna" javascript element on a newspaper page

Today, while visiting a web page of a well-known newspaper, Webroot, in Firefox, warned me that it had blocked “js.dmtry.com/antenna2.js”.  This occurred on a Windows 7 machine.  An XP machine protected with Kaspersky did not give the warning, although Firefox blocked a popup.

I could not find much on this javascript element, although it appears from the name that it would be trying to capture consumer or visitor IP information for adware. 

The only analysis I could find was at “Malware-Control Analysis”, for example, here.

(Note: next sign on, Blogger has disabled my cookies, which a repeat sign-on has restored. Might have happened because I accessed the script in Chrome where Webroot didn't catch it.) 

No comments: