Tuesday, March 06, 2012

A mishap on "My Computer": Facebook v. HRBlock

I have a bone to pick with Facebook and/or HR Block.

Last week, I entered a preliminary 2011 tax return into HR Block's site.  I forgot which browser I had used on my main computer.  I had thought it was I.E.

Today, I had to update it.  I went in to IE, and I was immediately directed to Facebook.  True, I'm usually logged in to Facebook on IE only.  I don't want my taxes and personal finance accessible from Facebook (or Blogger, or Google Products, or anything else) so I disabled it, and then it appeared that my HR Block data had been wiped out.

I tried using Google Chrome (which, note, I recently had to re-install), and the stored tax data (for many years) came back, with no intervention from Facebook (because I'm not normally logged on to it through Chrome).

But this shouldn't happen. 

No comments: