Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Amazon, PayPal reported to have malware problems


The Webroot Threat Blog is reporting exploits, detected by Secure Anywhere, from ordinary use of Amazon.com in purchases, and more recently from PayPal.  I have not encountered any warnings from Amazon (I just used it again to make a chess book purchase).  I don’t use PayPal, since all of my e-commerce is outsourced right now.

Webroot describes the items as “client-side exploits and malware”.   Secure Anywhere has detected unwanted “.exe” files with long strings of numbers as names which it calls MDS files.  They appear to related to more adware and spyware tracking.

The link for the story is here.

PC Online, with the version in the Netherlands, is reporting new Mac OS exploits here (can translate in Google), link

1 comment:

James Maxwell said...

Yes, i heard about it. We should be very careful on these things. I found how to keep your Paypal account safe from hackers. very useful.