Monday, June 11, 2012

Apparent airline ticket email scam

Recently, I've received an email on my AOL account marked American Airlines offering a free airline ticket and boarding pass (attachment) that I had not bought.  I marked it as spam, and can only assume that this is the latest scam to get personal information or turn your home PC into a zombie for DOS attacks.

I'll notice whether other airlines get spoofed.

I made a round trip to Dallas last November (from Baltimore) on American, and do have a legitimate account with American.  I don't know if it could have been hacked.  I also have accounts with Delta and USAir.

I would think that the TSA would be investigating this development.  Of course, the fake tickets would not scan at an airport.

Picture: Great Salt Lake Desert, Utah

No comments: