Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trend Micro Titanium 2012 upgrade takes a while to do, requires two restarts


Today, I installed Trend Micro Titanium 2012 on my travel Gateway Winodws 7 computer.

It had been prompting me when starting the 2010 protection.  I found when I accepted the invitation, that it launched Firefox (default), downloaded the element (although the script stopped once, maybe because Windows updates were also downloading). It then slowly executed (when the download element was invoked), and required two restarts, one after removing the old Titanium, and then after the actual install, which took quite  a long time.  The first time, when the box was closed, protection stopped and had to be started again in Windows 7 (along with Windows Defender).

Possibly the impending Windows 7 updates and downloads slowed this down further. 

No comments: