Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Windows 7 stalls on ads from "reputable" companies


I still have problems with a few sites in a Windows 7 environment.  The notification bar will tell me that the computer is waiting for some connection (either an ad network or comment software) and the computer freezes.  If I press the trackbar (left side) repeatedly, the computer eventually unlocks, and shows recent clicks. 
  
This morning, it hung on the “Doubleclick” ad network at MLB.com (Major League Baseball) and went into a loop displaying McDonalds ads, which I didn’t even try to click on.  Both of these sites are reputable (even if some of McDonalds fast food isn’t), so I still think it’s a Windows 7 problem.
  
The problem doesn’t recur until another restart is done.
  
Even Windows 8 will stall for a few seconds on a few sites with heavy advertising (Slate) once after bootup, but doesn’t need to have the trackbar pressed to unlock. 

No comments: