Monday, March 17, 2014

Trend Micro changes behaviors on my little travel Gateway notebook

A bizarre little thing happened with Trend Micro this morning on my Windows 7 Gateway notebook that I use for air travel.

The notification panel said it had been turned off.  I don’t know why.  I simply clicked on the program in the menu and it went through the “starting your protection” (which takes a while).  I ran the scan, which is unusual in that it names specific worms and Trojans that it is looking for according to current intelligence.  No problems were found. 

I’m wondering if it is possible to get a supplementary security tool, like A-squared, that Geek Squad uses, to do further checks for problems at home myself.  
  

Trend has been applying updates more in recent months than it used to.   

No comments: