Thursday, August 14, 2014

What is the "Farmville Free Game" popup?


This morning, after booting up Windows 8.1, I noticed a popup in the upper right corner of the screen for the “Farmville Free” game.  I was browsing in Google Chrome.  I had looked at a few of my own blogs.  I looked up what this is, and it seems to be legitimate (and be marked green in Mozilla by Webroot).  A link is to a forum on this matter is here.  I did a cold reboot, and it did not recur, when surfing in Chrome (my own blogs or anything else).  Webroot scan did not find any problems.  
  
Does anyone know anything about this popup?  


Update: Sept. 15, 2014

It appears that Farmville2 is included with Windows 8.1 and that this popup comes from Windows.  Sometimes it happens right as I boot up.  It's harmless, but rather tacky.

Update: March 4, 2015

The Farmville icon persisted until I closed it.

1 comment:

ZoeP11M said...

You can right click on it and uninstall it. :)