Saturday, September 20, 2014

Trend Micro bawls me out on my "lack of privacy"


Well, I have Trend Micro on my replacement Toshiba Satellite Radius (which reminds me of the film company “Radius TWC” and “Snowpiercer”). 

Trend gave me a “tongue lashing” report on my lack of privacy after I re-installed Mozilla.  It is particularly concerned about visibility to advertisers and to the possibility of tagging photos.  Of course, the photo issue exploded recently with the iCloud hack, and that can have to do with what happens even when you aren’t online. 
  
Google Chrome is also talking about “synching up encryption” on all the machines that access my account.  I’ve never seen this before.  I’m not sure how I’m supposed to do it yet.  It would probably matter mainly for work overseas in non-democratic countries. 
  
I do watch financial accounts online regularly.  I have yet to discover fraud based on identity theft or hacks.  (It has happened with a stolen credit card before.)   I do wonder about getting spam emails for credit card bills for accounts I  don’t have (mainly for overseas banks). Maybe somebody has replicated my identity in eastern Europe or Russia, and used it over there.  Putin would put people up to this.  

No comments: