Monday, April 26, 2010

Comodo Internet Security says it protects against "zero day attacks"

Today, I got an email from another Internet security company, “Comodo”, which offers some "cloud" products here, with that link here. (The company name and trademark reminds me of the musical term in Italian, “commodo”, which means, “comfortably”.)  The company says that it's wordmark should be associated with "creating trust online."
The product offered in the email is Comodo Internet Security Complete Version 4.0.

A portion of the email that really caught my eye is worth quoting: “It automatically addresses all potentially unsafe files by running a user's questionable files in a restricted virtual environment, without ever impeding the PC user's activities. Now users are automaticallyprotected from Zero Day attacks and threats that have not yet even been identified.” Richard A. Clarke talks a lot about “zero day attacks” in his new book on Cyber War which I will review soon.

1 comment:

doctork said...

CERT.EDU.CN should be an adorable internet address – CERT member EDUCATIONAL channel.
For months, I had been receiving three emails every day from that domain, selling software and two attachments, Unsubscribe.txt and Information.html. No sensible person would open attachment for unsubscribe information. For a hundred times, I sent protests to President of China and all ministers with contact info available. I reported every email with FBI IC3. Since the email content related to website submission and other tools, I still thought it as educational activity with me suffering because of not opening Unsubcribe.txt . Now the situation has changed. Now CERT member EDUCATIONAL channel is sending three emails everyday requesting me to claim prize worth $500,000,00 (second one also comma) along with Toyota car. Sending three complaints every day to FBI IC3, how can I stop this SHAMELESS use of CERT member EDUCATIONAL network? Detail at
http://huntspam.net/spam/100520.html